Jobs are scripts you can run in Appuri to create reports, perform routine maintenance tasks or even run custom machine learning algorithms.
There are two main types of jobs:
- Pre-built integrations with SaaS such as Salesforce and Marketo. With no programming ability, you can import data from several popular services into Appuri.
- Programmatic jobs. You can write code in several popular languages to import data from services Appuri does not support, run aggregations or create reports.
- Support for several common languages. Jobs support Python 2.7, NodeJS 4.4, Amazon Redshift PSQL.
- Custom packages. You can install custom Python packages using
- Simple cron. Jobs can be set up to run on a recurring schedule.
- Streaming logs. Logs are available in real-time from jobs.
- Scalable, secure deployment. We make sure jobs deploy in a secure, scalable environment with all the language and framework pre-requisites installed.
- Monitoring. Appuri monitors jobs for failures and notifies you.
- Clean up old data from Amazon Redshift tables every night. If you have tables that are taking up a lot of space in your data warehouse, you can write a SQL job to truncate old data.
- Import data from a public API. If you want to import data from an API, you can write a Python or Node job to query the data and ingest it into Appuri.
- Deploy a custom machine learning algorithm. If you want to deploy a machine learning algorithm that scores users on engagement or propensity to purchase, you can write a Python job using scikit-learn that creates features and scores users.